Sunday, October 5, 2014

Day 5 of 31 Days of Autumn

I did most of my trick or treating in the 1970's...and boy, was it fun! It was safe to walk without parents...it was safe to go to a stranger's house for candy...it was just...FUN! 

While we don't celebrate Halloween per se, we have let our young daughter trick or treat in our neighborhood and our church has a Truck or Treat. We have a great family oriented neighborhood and everyone make trick or treating fun for all the children. Folks set up fire pits in their drives (because it's ALWAYS freezing here by Oct. 31), some offer hot cider, etc. 

Our daughter has been talking about costumes for weeks now. She has it narrowed down to Belle, Rapunzel, Cinderella and one other. LOL We usually go the homemade route because store costumes are so expensive. This got me to thinking about the costumes I had as a kid. A few were homemade...I mean, if you were a kid in the 70's who didn't wear a white sheet and call yourself a ghost?? But the store bought costumes were SO special and So...uncomfortable! LOL The masks were horrible thin plastic! I had this costume:

Raggedy Ann Halloween Costume - wore when I was about 6.  We would get so hot with those masks on.

Good ole Raggedy Ann!

Another costume from the 70's:

Wasn't Cinderella creepy??

This was my costume two years in a row.


Does anyone remember Mrs. Beasley??

BEN COOPER: 1970s Mrs. Beasley Costume with Mask #Vintage #Toys


And John Travolta as Vinnie Barbarino! lol

John Travola / Vinnie Barbarino Halloween costume


Not sure why, but I miss the days of the Boxed Halloween Costume. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment