Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pinterest Challenge: It's all about strawberries!


I recently decided to join up with a Pinterest Challenge link party, because let's face it...I've done lots of pinning but little recreating!

Months ago, my 3 year old daughter decided she'd like to have a Strawberry Shortcake 4th birthday party. The SS things on the market are cute, but I wanted to add my own touch to the party. Hello, Pinterest!
Here's the link for my Pinterest Board where I gathered ideas: 
Michelle's Strawberry Shortcake Inspiration Board

 And now for my interpretation:

First off, I bought a pack of papers at Joann Fabrics and used these papers for everything I did. I used them on the drink wrappers, the circle punch outs you see around the cake, etc. The paper I used is:

First up is the awesome cake my sister made!!

I thought it turned out adorable!!


The large strawberries around the side of the cake are a pack of 8 coasters from the $1 spot at Target! I also randomly dropped card stock circles punchies around the cake as well. 


I bought these strawberry recipe cards at the $1 spot at Target as well. I used them to make little signs. I bought 4 little metal buckets from the $1 spot to hold the snacks. The clothespin holders (holding the little signs) I made with regular clothespins and adhesive ribbon found at Joann Fabrics.


Below is my interpretation of the framed invitation. I bought an 11 X 14 frame at Michael's on clearance for $6.99. I used a sheet of scrapbook paper for the background. I cut out the flower and the 4 using my paper pack from Joann's. 

Last minute addition: cute flowers! :)





Below: even the hand-wipes container wasn't safe from my paper pack! lol






Below is the goodie bag topper we made. 


The goodie bags were filled with awesome finds from the $1 spot at Target! Strawberry shaped note pads, Strawberry lip gloss, swirly straws, candy and more!







The birthday girl!!


I'm sorry my pictures didn't turn out the best. The lighting wasn't the best, but I hope you've enjoyed seeing my favorite party pins come to life!

1 comment:

  1. Great job! I love the strawberry recipe cards as labels...and the goody bags are SO cute! <3

    ReplyDelete